ADA UNIVERSITY 4th EU Summer School
EUROPEAN UNION AND FOREIGN POLICY IN GEOPOLITICAL CONTEXT
A JOINT TWO-WEEK CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME OF ADA UNIVERSITY - CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN EU STUDIES IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE GERMAN ACADEMIC EXCHANGE SERVICE (DAAD) AND THE UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA (ITALY)
AIMS: Participants will gain insight into the main fields of action of the European Union (EU) and EU Foreign Policy. Special emphasis will be given to the geopolitical aspects of EU relations with neighbouring countries and regional powers such as Turkey, Russia and Iran. The European Union’s strategic processes and challenges of both widening and deepening will be reflected by addressing economic, energy, social, political and cultural dimensions and their interlinkages. The programme will foster participants' interactive engagement by offering lectures, workshops and intensive debates.
The course offers detailed knowledge focusing on:
- Understanding EU Foreign Policy on national, regional and global levels
- EU interregional integration and its challenges
- Present and future design of European Neighbourhood and Eastern Partnership
- Internal and external perspectives on EU foreign affairs
- EU strategy in response to global challenges
- EU Foreign Policy instruments in responding to conflicts and crises
- Actual challenges of security, fiscal, economic, social and cultural policies
- Azerbaijan at the crossroads of Europe and Asia
Target Groups of EU Summer School are local, foreign, graduate and undergraduate university students; researchers, professionals and individuals interested in EU related issues; civil servants dealing with EU Affairs.
The program fee is 100 Euros.
- The program includes handout materials, lunch and coffee breaks for all participants.
- The program fee does not include visa, flight and transportation fees.
Important Note: For a limited number of international applicants and national applicants living outside of Baku region, accommodation will be provided on behalf of the ADA University.
Everyone above the age of 16 years can apply.
The application deadline is 20 May 2018
The decisions will be announced on 25 May 2018
The program fee should be submitted by 10 June 2018
- The Summer School programme is held in English
- Certificates of Achievement from ADA University and partners will be given to all participants of the 4th EU Summer School
For more information regarding the EU Summer School follow our Facebook