SCHOOL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND ENGINEERING: ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR, COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCES
The School of Information Technologies and Engineering (SITE) at ADA University invites candidates of professional and scholarly accomplishment to apply for the Adjunct Instructor, Computer and Information Sciences position for its Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Information Technology programs starting in the Spring 2019 semester.
We are seeking dynamic, energetic, and entrepreneurial scholars who have a desire to work collaboratively in an international environment. Salary is contingent upon qualifications and the hired faculty member is expected to teach undergraduate students.
- Commitment to teaching and mentoring undergraduate students;
- Being able to teach the following course during the Spring 2019 semester:
- Programming Principles II: The course covers important aspects of modern OOP (Object-Oriented Programming). It will begin with quick review of variables, logical statements, loops, arrays, methods; then mainly focus on more advanced topics like objects, classes, inheritance, polymorphism, I/O, exceptions, some data structures etc. Students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to code algorithms using OOP approach with Java or/and C++ language.
- Designing courses, developing syllabi and instructional materials to ensure compliance with the SITE curriculum requirements and guidelines;
- Providing quality instruction including stimulating analytical and critical thinking;
- Meeting all scheduled classes/labs and providing instruction in accordance with objectives of the approved course outline;
- Providing meaningful and timely feedback on student assignments, hold regular office hours;
- Using the university’s student information system and learning management system;
- Providing exemplary service to the university and community.
- PhD or MS degree in Computer Science or other related fields from an accredited institution;
- Experience designing and teaching similar courses in the degree program;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- At least 1 year of teaching experience at an accredited institution, especially at the collegiate level;
- Strong commitment to serving university and society;
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position and availability, (2) a current resume, and, (3) the names, email and mailing addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
with copy (CC) to email@example.com
specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is 30 November 2018
. Appointments begin 15 January
2019. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az