ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF SOCIOLOGY
GENERAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
The General Education Program at ADA University invites candidates of professional and scholarly accomplishment to apply for the Assistant Professor position in Sociology for its bachelor program. We are seeking dynamic, energetic, and entrepreneurial scholars who have a desire to work collaboratively across disciplinary lines while conducting cutting-edge research. Salary is contingent upon qualifications and the hired faculty member is expected to teach undergraduate students.
- Commitment to teaching and mentoring undergraduate students;
- Designing courses, developing syllabi and instructional materials to ensure complaince with General Education curriculum requirements and guidelines;
- Providing quality instruction including stimulating analytical and critical thinking;
- The teaching workload is 6 courses per academic year (10 months);
- Conduct research, obtain external grants, and publish scholarly articles in peer-reviewed journals;
- Provide exemplary service to the university and community.
- Ph.D. in Sociology or other related fields from an accredited institution;
- Experience in conducting funded research, and publications in major reputed peer-reviewed journals;
- Demonstrated ability to publish in internationally- recognized peer- reviewed outlets;
- Strong commitment to serving university and society;At least 2 years of teaching experience at an accredited institution especially at the collegiate level is also required.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience at an accredited institution especially at the collegiate level is also required.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position and availability, (2) a current resume, and, (3) the names, email and mailing addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is April 1, 2018
. Appointments begin August 15, 2018.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az