COST CONTROL AND CONTRACTS OFFICER
The Cost Control and Contracts Officer is responsible for cost-effective and seamless approval and execution of all contracts ensuring that strategic and financial interests of the University are upheld at every stage of contract signing and execution. He/she ensures timely execution of contract deliverables and payments working in close cooperation with the academic or functional units including procurement, HR, IT, Facilities & Maintenance departments. He/she ensures that contracts are designed and signed in full conformity to international, government and university rules and regulations. He/she regularly undertakes an analysis of the cost control and contract management system in the university, develops and proposes recommendations for enhancing the system and for addressing any gaps identified.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, economics or a related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience in the area of cost-engineering and contracts management.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel or spreadsheet software;
- Capability to analyze accurate cost implications of contracts compared to probable market value of deliverables;
- Capability to undertake necessary product and service market analysis;
- Capability to draft and analyze contracts and deliverables scope, to develop legal schemes to protect interests of the university;
- Capability to collaborate with the relevant academic and functional staff to support them in drafting and execution of contracts;
- Capability to work under pressure and independently;
- Capability to initiate and lead initiatives related to cost-control and contracts management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical, intelligence, legal and management knowledge;
- Graduate degree in business administration, law, economics or a related field;
- Experience in a public or an educational organization;
- Solid experience in cost-engineering, market research and contracts management.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides technical and methodological advice and/or assistance to academic and functional units of the university in drafting, approval, and execution of contracts;
- Provides technical and methodological support to all organizational units of the university in developing and executing contracts in full conformity with the national legislation and university’s rules and procedures;
- Conducts necessary service and product market analysis to ensure cost-effectiveness of all contracts;
- Analyzes, develops and reviews necessary business processes and systems for cost-control and contracts management at the university;
- Evaluates cost – control and contract management systems and processes regularly to identify any gaps, and recommend necessary enhancements/corrections;
- Manages related parts of contracts management component of the university’s enterprise resource system;
- Oversees contracts management system to ensure that deliverables are delivered in full, in time, and in accordance with signed contracts and scope, report and clear any deviations with the relevant top management;
- Develops and maintains a database with all the contracts, deliverables, schedule, payment execution terms, contingencies, etc.;
- Provides guidance, technical advice, and assistance in ensuring timely and accurate execution of contracts;
- Provides technical assistance to planning and budgeting activities of academic and functional units;
- Supports and contributes to annual operations planning of the department;
- Mentors and coaches junior staff on cost-control and contract management policies, methodologies, and tools.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is May 12, 2017
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az