INSTRUCTOR OF WRITING AND INFORMATION LITERACY
GENERAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
The General Education Program at ADA University invites candidates of professional and scholarly accomplishment to apply for the instructor position in Writing and Information Literacy for its bachelor program. We are seeking dynamic, energetic, and entrepreneurial scholars who have a desire to work collaboratively in an international environment. Salary is contingent upon qualifications and the hired faculty member is expected to teach undergraduate students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop coherent, communicative language teaching based syllabi.
- Identify and implement different teaching methods and class activities to constantly increase the quality of teaching.
- Establish and keep regular office hours.
- Meet students in tutorials upon appointment.
- Assign grades in a timely manner.
- Assess students’ needs.
- Attend all scheduled staff and university meetings.
- Assist with related program functions.
- MA degree in International Education, Educational Management, TEAFOL/TEASOL, Linguistics, Social Sciences and Humanities or other related fields from an accredited institution;
- Experience designing and teaching writing in the degree program;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- At least 2 years of teaching experience at an accredited institution;
- Strong commitment to serving university and society.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position and availability, (2) a current resume, and, (3) the names, email and mailing addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is April 1, 2018
. Appointments begin August 15, 2018.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az