ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR OF GENERAL CHEMISTRY (WITH LAB)
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND ENGINEERING
The School of Information Technologies and Engineering (SITE) at ADA University invites candidates of professional and scholarly accomplishment to apply for the Adjunct Instructor position in General Chemistry for its Bachelor of Computer Engineering program in the Spring 2018 semester. We are seeking dynamic, energetic, and entrepreneurial scholars who have a desire to work collaboratively in an international environment. Salary is contingent upon qualifications and the hired faculty member is expected to teach undergraduate students.
- Commitment to teaching and mentoring undergraduate students;
- The teaching workload is 2 courses during the Spring 2018 semester – General Chemistry and General Chemistry Lab;
- Meeting all scheduled classes/labs and providing instruction in accordance with objectives of the approved course outline;
- Designing courses, developing syllabi and instructional materials to ensure compliance with the SITE curriculum requirements and guidelines;
- Using the university’s student information system and learning management system;
- Providing quality instruction including stimulating analytical and critical thinking;
- Providing meaningful and timely feedback on student assignments, hold regular office hours;
- Providing exemplary service to the university and community.
- PhD or MS degree in Chemistry or other related fields from an accredited institution;
- Experience designing and teaching Chemistry course in the degree program;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- At least 1 year of teaching experience at an accredited institution;
- Strong commitment to serving university and society;
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position and availability, (2) a current resume, and, (3) the names, email and mailing addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is 21 December 2017
. Appointments begin 15th January 2018
. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az