LIBRARIAN, CIRCULATION SERVICES
The Librarian, Circulation Services is responsible for providing an assistance to library patrons in obtaining materials and information; for assisting librarians in the organization of library materials; for shelving of library materials and for performing a variety of tasks relative to the public service area. This position requires the ability to access, input and retrieve data from the circulation and other modules of the integrated library system; the ability to print, scan and copy; the ability to retrieve information and materials from shelves; the ability to effectively receive and provide information about the library; and the ability to communicate effectively with patrons at the public circulation desk.
- Provides professional top-level public services to library patrons;
- Provides efficient and polite customer service at the Circulation Desk, adhering to all library policies and procedures developed in concert with the administration;
- Serves as the first point of contract for all patrons. Guides tour groups and carries out public relations tasks for visitors;
- Maintains the Circulation module. Sets the parameters and enters all new patron records in Integrated Library System;
- Responds to patrons' questions and requests for holds and recalled items;
- Maintains the Course Reserves collection in concert with ADA Faculty;
- Performs a variety of daily activities for the library; opens or closes the library; monitors the library security system; secures book drops and computer terminals; be aware of all aspects of the building and its infrastructure;
- Ensures all facility items are operated properly, in case of any problems with building and its infrastructure, follows up on the resolution of all problems;
- Ensures that all library items are returned and controlled as mandated;
- Oversees the shelving and re-shelving of all library materials;
- May assist in the maintenance of library collection and identify materials for mending and reclassification;
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding library services and operations; refers inquiries to other departments or staff as appropriate;
- Enters requests for purchase invoices, subscription payments, reimbursements and other bills into Finance/Bursar and Procurement-Asset management system;
- Communicates and work in a team with the other members of the Library staff—in all departments;
- Oversees the ordering and provision of supplies for the staff;
- Attends work on a regular and dependable basis.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent and fluency in written and oral English;
- Minimum 3 years of related library experience;
- Methods and techniques of customer service;
- Ability to respond to requests and inquiries from library users;
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Flexible approach and willingness to work in other departments;
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to email@example.com
specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is March 4th, 2018
. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az