Specialist, Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling
Specialist, Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling coordinates the work of academic advisors and counsel students on a variety of academic topics. S/he reports to and works under the direct supervision and instruction of the Director, Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling.
- Supports the daily operations of the Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling;
- Assesses the needs of students who apply for assistance from the Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling;
- Assists in the identification of target groups in consultation with academic departments/programs and develops special remediation programs;
- Consults and coordinates credit transfer procedures for students who participate in exchange programs;
- Manages the major change procedure in accordance with existing policies;
- Guides students within a program of study; provides program procedures, policies, goals and objectives, technical guidance and problem resolution;
- Serves as a liaison between the Centre for Excellence in Education, relevant departments, students and advisors;
- Recruits, supervises, and trains peer supporters and volunteers;
- Oversees the establishment and maintenance of a database;
- Coordinates and reviews students' initiatives to educational support for struggling students;
- Evaluates and articulates local/international academic standards and transcripts and adjust them to ADA requirements;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong knowledge of Excel;
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Fluency in English and Azeri. Good command of Russian language;
- Excellent organizational, quantitative and problem-solving skills;
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheets and database applications;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask in a pressured work environment with changing priorities.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is January 10th, 2018
. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az