Specialist, Payroll Accountant
Under the supervision of the Chief Accountant, Specialist, Payroll Accountant provides operational and administrative support to the payroll and benefits operations. The position prepares and maintains reports, assists and advises employees with wages and benefits, interprets pay and leave provisions affecting a wide variety of employees. This position will actively communicate with the University Accounting unit and be responsible for the accurate posting, maintenance and reconciliation of all payroll and benefits related activities.
- Processes monthly payroll according to the Government legislation and maintains payroll information as required;
- Maintains and processes payroll records and reports for accounting of salary/wages due, accruals, deductions and other payroll functions; Conducts appropriate audits to ensure data integrity;
- Calculates and processes paid and unpaid annual, sick and other leaves, bonuses and termination payments;
- Works with state electronic system for the calculation and processing of SSPF allowances (sick leave, maternity, child care etc.);
- Supports the Chief Accountant in preparation of income tax and SSPF reports;
- Prepares and maintains compliance of reports and applications required by law to be filed with state agencies, such as the State Statistics Committee, the State Social Protection Fund, the Ministry of Taxes and other regulatory agencies;
- Manages benefit provider accounts and audits enrollment information for accuracy;
- Administers employee benefits plans; monitors benefits eligibility, and assists in on boarding and off boarding as it relates to benefits;
- Communicates with HR team to address questions/concerns relating to administrative benefits and payroll functions such as timely processing of new hires, internal transfers, promotions, and terminations;
- Reviews and analyzes changes to state laws pertaining to payroll and benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management;
- Key point of contact for employee payroll and benefits questions; provides necessary information and answers questions in a timely manner;
- Develops process improvements focused on increasing efficiency, communication, and effective customer service. Implements quality control measures to ensure accuracy and compliance;
- Responsible for opening bank cards for employees and communicate with the bank regarding card problems;
- Prepares and delivers benefit and payroll presentations for staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree Finance, Taxation, Accounting;
- 1-2 years of experience in payroll accounting and payroll calculations;
- Experience processing high volume (250+FTEs) Payroll; preferably working with any Payroll system. Experience with SAP is a plus;
- Understanding of financial and business analysis, and forecasting and trends analysis;
- Solid knowledge of local Payroll, Taxes and Labor Code regulations;
- Fluency in Azerbaijani and English. Good command of Russian;
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Detail oriented with both analytical and creative problem-solving capabilities to anticipate and lead fact based decisions and solutions;
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- High degree of professionalism and solid ability in delivering high quality customer service and establishing/maintaining effective and collaborative working relationships;
- Ability to effectively interact with associates at all levels within and outside of the University;
- Experiences working with health and compulsory insurance;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion;
- Accuracy, and the ability to handle multiple projects;
- Developed project management skills is plus.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references. Send materials via e-mail to email@example.com
specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is March 7th, 2018
. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az