English for Academic Purposes Course (EAP)
Spring Semester 2018
Achieve your professional, personal, and academic goals with us!English for Academic Purposes Course (EAP)
- Key Language Skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Academic Writing and Grammar
- Innovative curriculum and pedagogy
- Experienced local and international instructors
- Mode: Complete level/Selective courses
- Start date: January 15, 2018
Offered language levels: Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate
Reading & Writing
This course essentially emphasizes skills in reading, critical thinking, and writing. It is designed to enhance the academic reading skills for successful reading ability as required in college-level courses. Emphasis is placed on strategies for effective reading and the utilization of these strategies to improve comprehension, analytical skills, and overall reading speed.
The course also aims at expanding students’ vocabulary range and strengthening their abilities to use different strategies to deduce the meaning of unknown words. They become better writers through different types of writing assignments that require them to apply language, grammar, and content in a structured and coherent way.
Listening & Speaking
This course essentially emphasizes listening, speaking and critical thinking skills with additional focus on academic vocabulary and skills. Students become better listeners through listening to authentic radio reports, interviews, lectures and other genres and practicing various listening strategies. They become better thinkers through activities that prompt them to make inferences. And finally, they become better communicators through extended speaking tasks that require them to use the vocabulary and grammar they have learned in both rehearsed and extemporaneous speeches.
This course aims to develop students’ deeper awareness of grammar points and provides them with wider practice of accurate, meaningful and appropriate application of those points in various contexts. Practice is communicative and includes both oral and written work, designed to reinforce and perfect students’ grammar usage.
Schedule and Tuition
Please click here
for more information about the schedule and tuition fees.
- Completion of full Upper- Intermediate level grants TOEFL/IELTS waiver to students admitted to any undergraduate program at ADA University.
- All students who complete any level of selective courses will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
- EAP courses are non-degree courses, hence are not accounted for academic credits.
- EAP certificate does not guarantee admission to ADA University undergraduate or graduate programs. Interested candidates are required to go through the standard admission process.
How to Apply?
- Online application form
- ID card
- Recent photo 3x4
- High School/University diploma or a statement from High School/University certifying that a candidate is an active student
- IELTS/TOEFL certificate (if applicable)
All registered candidates will be invited to the general interview. After the interview candidates should make the payment by deadline defined by the Office.
- Online payment (please choose “Tuition fee/Student fee” for “Payment details”). Please note that online payment is possible for active students only.
- Bank transfer