Office of Registrar
The Office of Registrar ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records of current and former students; facilitate effective student registration and enrollment; builds secure student data files and sets policy and procedure for their responsible use; maintains up-to-date course schedules, catalogs, final examination schedules; manages efficient use of classrooms; and supervises and maintains the Power Campus academic information systems.
The Registrar supervises the processes for the articulation of transfer credits, graduation and certification of baccalaureate and masters degrees, enrollment and degree verification, production of official transcripts, diplomas, and commencement ceremonies. The Registrar counsels and advises students, faculty, and staff on academic matters; and interprets and enforces policies and regulations of the University and national educational standards.
Additionally, the Registrar is member of the University Senate, the Curriculum Committee, and Grade Appeal Committee; and is a member of various other Councils and Committees.
The Office of Registrar specifically is responsible for:
- Managing Student Information Systems (Power Campus)
- Interpretation and Enforcement of University Academic policies
- Preparing academic documentation in accordance with legislation of Azerbaijan Republic
- Preparing academic reports for the government agencies
- Collaborating with all university units to facilitate and improve academic service
- Academic registration, add/drop and withdrawal process
- Academic scheduling
- Scheduling of the final examination
- Monitoring classroom conditions
- Reserving classrooms for special meetings, etc.
- Planning and directing classroom improvement projects
- Preparing the University calendar
- Certificating University degrees
- Preparation of program material for commencement
- Certification of eligibility for honors.
- Providing student-related information to University offices and departments
- Security of student records
- Transcript service
- Academic Advising support
- Verification of Application for major records and transfers
- Assisting in curriculum development, and modification
- Administering the course evaluation process
- Noting exceptions to academic policies, including academic records, course substitutions, grade changes, and overload approvals
- Coordinating of the grade appeal process
- Monitoring student leaves and withdrawals
- Assisting in the development of annual enrollment goals
The Office of the Registrar intends to serve all students—prospective, current and former. We invite you to contact us, either electronically or in person, if you'd like additional information.
Registrar, Office of the Registrar
Tel: (+994 12) 437 3235
Fax: (+994 12) 437 3236