For undergraduate level only
- Student transfer from a higher educational institution to ADA University may occur during the summer holidays and after completing the first semester only.
- Transferred students continue their education on a paid basis only.
- Student transfers occur after the agreement of the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (as ADA University is under MFA).
Regulations for local transfer students:
- Student transfer is carried out according to limit of number of students defined by admission plan of an appropriate program
- A student must have the State Examination Center (SEC) score no less than a passing score for the relevant program in the admission year
- Student transfer may occur only within the same State Examination Center (SEC) specialization group*
* In this case, “history and geography teacher”, “history teacher” and “history” specialties of the group II are considered appropriate with each other, as well as “international relations” and “regional studies” specialties of the group II match with other specialties of the group III (with the exception of culture and art specialties).
Note: No transfer of credit is allowed, and so the transfer would only be into the English year, or if the student will test out of language, the first year of General Education.
Regulations for international transfer students:
- No transfer of a student from abroad is allowed if a university is not of known and proven acceptable accredited quality. The university must be listed in one of the ranking lists shown below.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
Quacquarelli Symonds – QS World University Rankings
Academic Ranking of World Universities - Shanghai Ranking
- In case of participation in SEC entrance examination, the score should be no less than a passing score for the relevant program in the admission year.
- Academic transcripts are also reviewed.
* The courses of International transfer students should be examined to see how much credit can be transferred, and whether it substitutes for core requirements or electives. A limit of 30 credits should be allowed in the transfer process so that the student receives their education distinctively from the University.
- Submission of Application and Supporting Documents
- Official paperwork required for the completion of registration
The documents listed below must be submitted in full in order to be considered for the transfer. All documents must be submitted online through online application system.
- Application Form
- High school diploma – translated into English and notary-certified
- Official academic transcript from current University - translated into English and notary-certified (legalized in case of transfer from abroad)
- A document with SEC score (required for all local transfers as well as for international transfer students in case of participation)
- TOEFL 75/IELTS 6.0 (if applicable)
- Official documents proving the visits to the country of study (only for international transfer students)
- National identification Card or Passport
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Interviews can be conducted face-to-face or via Skype.
Registration of a student
The accepted transfer students are required to follow all the legal procedures according to deadlines as outlined in Azerbaijani legislation.
All the following documents must be submitted to Admissions Office until August 5, 2017. Otherwise, the student will not be registered at ADA University.
- Original of a High School diploma (legalized/apostilled for international students)
- Original of University transcripts (legalized/apostilled for international students)
- Official document with SEC score (required for all local transfers as well as for international transfer students in case of participation)
- Copy of a military ID card or letter from State Service on Mobilization and Conscription (if applicable for citizens of Azerbaijan)
- Order on disenrollment due to transfer to another university