Adjunct and Full-time Faculty positions in the General Education component of its undergraduate programGeneral Education Program Description
The General Education Program, an integral component of ADA University's undergraduate program, emphasizes the breadth of knowledge and importance of self-discovery to enrich students with the skills necessary to become global citizens capable of succeeding in a modern world characterized by constant change. The goal of the two-semester General Education program is to provide students with an appreciation of the broad extent of human knowledge by offering courses in the areas of Social Sciences, Humanities, Science and Technology, Arts and Culture, Empirical and Mathematical Reasoning, Writing and Leadership. After completing General Education, students continue their studies in one of the four majors offered by ADA University - International Studies, Business Administration, Economics and Public Administration. Certain General Education courses are offered during the major studies as well.Required Positions and Qualifications
The ADA University invites applications for appointments at the levels of either Adjunct or Full-Time faculty beginning August 15, 2013 and January 1, 2014.
- Leadership, Teamwork and Communication (August 2013)
- Azerbaijani Language and Literature (August 2013)
- Azerbaijani and World Geography (January 1, 2014)
- History of Azerbaijan (August 2013)
- Academic Writing (August 2013)
Primary responsibilities include providing excellence in teaching, engaging in scholarly research (if relevant), and participating in service for ADA University. Preference is given to candidates with PhD degrees, but candidates with an internationally competitive Masters degree and extensive teaching/research, or relevant professional experience are also seriously considered. Fluency in English is essential. Job Description
- Developing a coherent syllabus integrating both theoretical and applied knowledge;
- Coordinating course syllabi so that classes are complementary and mutually reinforcing; coordinating assignments and projects so that students have an even distribution of homework;
- Providing a quality instruction in accordance with the syllabus and course component outlines;
- Establishing and keeping regular office hours;
- Assigning final grades in a timely manner;
- Assessing students’ needs;
- Providing feedback on the fit of the course taught to the current curriculum and potential improvements;
- Current C.V. and Cover Letter
- One-page teaching philosophy
The closing date for applications is January 31, 2013. Please submit your applications to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for the further interview.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of very high standard.