Studies energy and environmental issues in a comprehensive and integrated manner, providing effective policy relevant research and teaching to address energy and environmental issues. Thanks to the generous support by and a close cooperation with the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR), CCEE combines the academic assets of ADA University with the practical expertise of one of the biggest energy companies in the region. CCEE continuously develops global knowledge networks uniting governmental and non-governmental actors, ranging from think-tanks to university departments to governmental agencies and corporate actors with a stake in the wider Caspian Basin. Its signature program is an annual two-week certificate program held in July in partnership with SOCAR that brings together world-renowned scholars, academicians and policy makers to examine and gain a better understanding of global energy and environment issues and their practical application.
Is a training institution established as part of the agreement between the European Commission and the Government of Azerbaijan to support civil service training in the country with a focus on EU affairs. It activities directed at increasing the knowledge on EU matters among relevant actors and facilitating the relations between EU and Azerbaijan. The Center’s signature program is the EU Summer School, an intensive two-week certificate program held in collaboration with the the Institute for European Studies of the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) that offers an overview to institutional dimensions related to European Union governance, regulations and integration.
The Center for Data Analytics Research was launched 15 December 2017 as a result of joint project between ADA University and BP on behalf of its co-venturers (including Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli, Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan, Shah Deniz, and South Caucasus Pipeline – SOCAR, TPAO, PETRONAS, Chevron, LUKOIL, NICO, Statoil, Inpex, ExxonMobil, SGC, Itochu, ONGC, TOTAL, ENI).
The mission of the CeDAR Center is to provide science-based knowledge and experience to a wide variety of technical and non-technical users and industries to help them better understand the usage and maximize the value of their operational data. The Center is expected to increase the external visibility of opportunities derived from data mining and analytics and attract closer partnerships with industry. The close partnership with industry will serve multiple purposes:
- Share experience with industry on the development of state-of-the-art data analysis technologies and promote joint research projects;
- Provide opportunities to students to be involved in state-of-the-art computing;
- Develop undergraduate and graduate academic programs in related areas including: Web/Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Data Visualization, Large-Scale Data Processing, Distributed Computing;
- Support internships and employment opportunities for students in companies doing data-driven business;
- Organize annual scientific conferences and workshops/seminars to bring together industry and researchers in the field of data analytics.