The School of Information Technologies and Engineering (SITE) at ADA University invites candidates of professional and scholarly accomplishment to apply for the Instructor / Assistant Professor, Mathematics position(s) for its Bachelor of Science programs starting in the Fall 2021 semester.
SITE newly launched its BS in Mathematics program (https://www.ada.edu.az/en/schools/programs/site/3893-mathematics). We are seeking dynamic, energetic, and entrepreneurial scholars who have a desire to work collaboratively in an international environment. Salary is contingent upon qualifications and the hired faculty member is expected to teach undergraduate students.
- Commitment to teaching and mentoring undergraduate students;
- Being able to teach selected Major Core and Technical Elective courses outlined in the Programs of Study at https://www.ada.edu.az/en/schools/site (the teaching workload per academic year i.e. 10 months is 6 sections for Assistant Professors or 8 sections for Instructors).These include:
- Calculus I and II
- Discrete Structures
- Linear Algebra
- Abstract Algebra
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Probability & Statistics
- and more advanced courses.
- Designing courses, developing syllabi and instructional materials to ensure compliance with the SITE curriculum requirements and guidelines;
- Providing quality instruction including stimulating analytical and critical thinking;
- Meeting all scheduled classes/labs and providing instruction in accordance with objectives of the approved course outline;
- Providing meaningful and timely feedback on student assignments, hold regular office hours;
- Using the university’s student information system and learning management system;
- Teaching in traditional, hybrid and online course delivery mode depending on program needs;
- For Assistant Professors: Publishing in peer-reviewed journals and presenting at conferences;
- Providing exemplary service to the university and community.
- MS or PhD degree (for Assistant Professor position) in Mathematics/Theoretical Physics or other related fields from an accredited institution;
- Experience designing and teaching similar courses in the degree program;
- Experience in conducting funded research, and publications in major reputed peer-reviewed journals;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- At least 1 year of teaching experience at an accredited institution, especially at the collegiate level;
- Strong commitment to serving university and society;
- International academic experience is desired;
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position and availability, (2) a current resume, and, (3) the names, email and mailing addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to email@example.com with copy (CC) to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is 16 May 2021. Appointments begin 15 August 2021. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az