My research interests include security studies, ethnic civil wars and power-sharing arrangements, political economy and Russian foreign policy.
|Joined ADA||September 2009|
- Policing the near abroad: Russian foreign policy in the South Caucasus, Australian Journal of International Affairs, 63(2), 2009;
- Application of international humanitarian law to the military operations within the “war on terror”, Russian Yearbook of International Law, 2012;
- Christian Walter, Antje von Ungern, Kavus Abushov, Self-determination and secession in international law, (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014);- Autonomy as a possible solution to self-determination disputes: does it work?, Journal on minority and group rights, volume 22(1), 2015.
- Russian foreign policy towards the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: prudent geopolitics, incapacity or identity?, East European Politics, 2019.
- "Refining the Line of Distinction between Ethnic Conflict and Security Dilemma: Towards a Theory of Identity Driven Ethnic Conflict", Civil Wars, vol. 21, issue 3, 2019, pp.