My main research interests include collaborative governance, social network analysis and leadership. I believe in the power of knowledge and data, which is essential in order to understand human behavior and society, since even chaos has patterns.
|Joined ADA||August, 2014|
- Kapucu, Naim, and Vener Garayev. (2014). “Structure and Network Performance: Horizontal and Vertical Networks in Emergency Management,” Administration & Society, DOI: 10.1177/0095399714541270;
- Kapucu, Naim, Vener Garayev, and XiaoHu Wang. (2013). “Sustaining Networks in Emergency Management: A Study of Counties in the United States,” Public Performance and Management Review, 37(1): 104-133;
- Kapucu, Naim, and Vener Garayev. (2013). “Designing, Managing, and Sustaining Functionally Collaborative Emergency Management Networks,” The American Review of Public Administration, 43(3): 312-330;
- Tasdoven, Hidayet, Beth Ann Fiedler, and Vener Garayev. (2012). “Improving Electricity Efficiency in Turkey by Addressing Illegal Electricity Consumption: A Governance Approach,” Energy Policy, 43: 226-234;
- Kapucu, Naim, and Vener Garayev. (2011). “Collaborative Decision-Making in Emergency and Disaster Management,” International Journal of Public Administration, 34(6): 366-375;
- Kapucu, Naim, Sitki Corbacioglu, Vener Garayev, and Ulvi Saran. (2010). “Managing Public’s Complacency and Public Preparedness in Response to 2006 Avian Influenza Crisis in Turkey,” European Journal of Economic and Political Studies, 3(1): 41-60;
- Kapucu, Naim, Thomas Bryer, Vener Garayev, and Tolga Arslan (2010). “Interorganizational Network Coordination under Stress Caused by Repeated Threats of Disasters,” Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, 7(1);
- Kapucu, Naim, Vener Garayev, and Tolga Arslan. (2009). “Global Response to Terrorism: Alliance of Civilizations,” International Journal of Social Inquiry, 2(1): 3-15;
- Kapucu, Naim, Maria Elena Augustin, and Vener Garayev. (2009). “Interstate Partnerships in Emergency Management: Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) in Response to Catastrophic Disasters,” Public Administration Review, 69(2): 297-313.
- Garayev, Vener, and Fikret Elma. (2014). “Disaster Management System in Azerbaijan: The Case of 2010 Kura River Flood,” in Disaster & Development: Examining Global Issues and Cases, edited by Naim Kapucu and Tom K. Liou. New York, NY: Springer. (pp. 79-92);
- Kapucu, Naim, and Vener Garayev. (2013). “Mitigation and Emergency Management,” in Natural Hazard Mitigation: A Guidebook for Practitioners and Academics, edited by Alessandra Jerolleman and John Kiefer. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press. (pp. 19-41);
- Garayev, Vener. (2013). “Business Process Reengeneering” in 21. Yüzyılın Modern Yönetimi İçin Geleceğe Yön Veren Yönetim Teorileri, edited by Mehmet Akif Özer. Ankara: Gazi Kitabevi. (pp. 137-163);
- Kapucu, Naim & Vener Garayev. (2012). “Design, Development, and Sustainability in Multi-level Governance in Managing Emergencies and Crises", in COMPACT 1: Public Administration in Complexity, edited by Lasse Gerrits and Peter Marks. Litchfield Park, AZ: Emergent Publications. (pp. 211-240);
- Garayev, Vener. (2011). “Fighting Terrorism in Diverse Communities: Collaborative Governance Approach with Civil Society at the Center”, in Counter Terrorism in Diverse Communities, edited by Sıddık Ekici. Fairfax, VA: IOS Press. (pp. 301-308);
- Kapucu, Naim, Vener Garayev, and Tolga Arslan. (2009). “Alliance of Civilizations: Global Response to Intolerance and Terrorism,” in Terrorism: A Global Perspective, edited by Mustafa Ozgurler, Ali Ozdogan, A. Sait Yayla, Ekrem Mus, and Halim Iltas. Washington, D.C.: The Turkish Institute for Security and Democracy. (pp. 109-122).