Master of Science in Computer Science and Data Analytics
This program is offered by ADA University in Baku, Azerbaijan and George Washington University in Washington DC, USA. It is taught over 5 semesters, of which three semesters take place in Baku and two semesters in Washington DC. During their study in Washington DC, the students benefit from access to a world-class campus of The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) of George Washington University, including labs, centers and institutes of SEAS.
The program seeks to address the growing demand in the public and private sectors for professionals skilled in big data and data analytics. After completing core courses, students go through the topics in computer science that constitute the foundations of data analytics from a technical perspective. All students are expected to work on their final thesis at the end of the program.
The program is funded within the framework of the “State Program on improving the international competitiveness of the higher education system in the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2019-2023”, and by BP and its Co-Venturers. All participants in this program receive full funding from State Program and BP and its Co-Venturers to cover their tuition fees, travel costs and living expenses in Washington DC.
Click to see program curriculum by semesters.
Applicants with bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology have an advantage during selection process. Candidates holding degree in similar fields with strong mathematics and computer science coursework (as described below) or relevant industry experience are also eligible to apply.
- Mathematics: Two courses beyond calculus level
- Computer Science: strong background in a form of prior coursework (for example at least 4 courses such as Programming Principles I and II, Discrete Math, Data Structures and Algorithms) and course projects.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent achieved on the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate work. This is roughly equivalent to 80 on a 100 scale.
- English language scores:
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) score of at least a 100 or
- IELTS overall band score of a 7.0 with no individual band score below a 6.0 or
- PTE Academic score of at least 68 or
- Duolingo Online Exam score of at least 130
- Waivers for English language requirement is given only in below cases:
- Native language is English
- Studied at a degree level in English in an English-speaking country
- Bachelor’s diploma translated into English and notary-certified
- Last year students must submit a document with expected graduation date
- Last year undergraduate students may apply only if they are expected to graduate by the end of July
- Bachelor’s diploma supplement or official transcripts translated into English and notary-certified
- CV/Resume listing educational and employment experiences
- Recent photo
- National Identification Card
- Statement of Purpose. Must not exceed 400 words.
- Test Scores:
- English Proficiency Test (see above for details)
- Master Admission exam by State Examination Center (minimum 45 score)
Internal Exam Topics
- Prospective students may submit their application before taking this test, but the scores must be sent before the application deadline.
- Applicants need to successfully pass internal exam of ADA University comprised of questions about Mathematics and Computer Sciences
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview at ADA University. Candidates selected after the interviews will be required to apply to GW University
- Programming (Principles, Algorithms, Data Structures, Paradigms)
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Networks
- General questions
- Linear Algebra
- Probability and Statistics
- General questions
Application starts: November 21, 2022
First application deadline: April 1, 2023
Second application deadline: June 1, 2023
Want to learn more?
Contact us: email@example.com;
Tel: (+994 12) 437 32 35 (ext.307) or (+99450) 256 99 06
View Program Brochure