Master of Science in Electrical and Power Engineering
The MSEPE is a two-year program sponsored by 'Azerenerji" OSC which is designed to provide a broad and in-depth knowledge and skills to students on modern electrical engineering, with a strong focus on power and energy. It is suitable for recent engineering graduates and professionals who wish to improve their knowledge and skills relevant to the power industry. Throughout the program, the students will develop a comprehensive understanding of the full supply chain of electric power, from generation to the energy market. This provides a solid foundation to enter a professional role in industry or academia.
The first three semesters of the program will be taught by GW faculty, followed by one semester at ADA University. The program comprises a mixture of online and offline courses, group design and research project, covering the key topics in power systems and power electronics. In the final part of the program, the students can choose between individual dissertation, for those who want to go for PhD and continue their career in academia and some elective courses in the modern and trend topics in electrical power engineering.
The graduates will receive MS in Electrical Engineering from George Washington University and MS in Power Engineering from ADA University. The first cohort will start the program in January, 2022. Fall term of 2021 will be used as a preparation semester for those who have missing pre-requisite courses or need English support.
- Bachelor's degree in any field with coursework in the following areas is preferred (ADA University offers pre-requisite semester for those who pass admission interviews, but who have missing coursework):
- Calculus II
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Probability & Statistics
- Physics II
- Electric Circuits Design
- Signal Processing
- Consideration will be given for equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent achieved on the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate work. This is roughly equivalent to 80 on a 100 scale.
- English language scores:
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) score of at least a 100 (including TOEFL at home) or
- IELTS overall band score of a 7.0 with no individual band score below a 6.0 or
- PTE Academic score of at least 68 or
- Duolingo Online Exam score of at least 120
- Waivers for English language requirement is given only in below cases:
- Native language is English
- Studied at a degree level in English in an English-speaking country
- ADA University offers English preparation program for those who have minimum 6.0 IELTS or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s diploma translated into English and notary-certified
- Those who are in their last year of undergraduate program, must submit a document with expected graduation date
- Last year undergraduate students may apply only if they are expected to graduate by the end of July
- Bachelor’s diploma supplement or official transcripts translated into English and notary-certified
- CV/Resume listing educational and employment experiences
- Recent photo
- National Identification Card
- Statement of Purpose. Must not exceed 400 words.
- Test Scores:
- English Proficiency Test (see above for details)
- Master Admission exam by State Examination Center
- This test requires a separate registration at SEC website. Check their webpage regularly for their dates and deadlines.
- A minimum score of 45 is required for eligibility
- Prospective students may submit their application before taking this test.
First round application deadline: May 15
Second round application deadline: June 15
Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview at ADA University. Candidates selected after the interviews will be required to apply to GW University.
The first cohort to be admitted to MSEPE will receive generous funding from ‘Azərenerji’ OSC and ADA University that covers tuition of both universities, and housing for the semester in United States. Admitted students will need to cover travel expenses, including ticket, visa, medical insurance, and daily expenses during their semester in Washington DC.
Want to learn more?
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org; +99450 274 95 51
View Program Curriculum