Dean, School of Business (SB) is the chief executive of the School and reports directly to the Vice Rector of Academic Affairs. Dean provides academic, administrative, and strategic leadership, and is responsible for academic planning, accreditation, and enhancement of programs, curriculum, teaching, scholarship and service, recruitment of faculty and staff, faculty development and evaluation, advising, budget development, and allocation of resources.
- Provide academic leadership for SB in fostering excellence in teaching, research, and service to the community:
- Ensure academic programs are in alignment with University Core Competencies and research obligations of faculty meet the standards set by University which derive from and are consistent with our mission, outcome images, and strategy;
- Chair the faculty meetings organized within the School, participate in various academic committees as a member or head;
- Develop degree and certificate programs to implement the goals and mission of the School;
- Lead and oversee the production of a three-year rolling strategic plan including the above as well as short and long-range goals to meet the University mission;
- Contribute to the teaching practice with a course load of a maximum of one section per semester.
- Provide administrative leadership, supervision, and direction for the School of Business:
- Develop policies and procedures related to the School together with the faculty and staff;
- Hire and coach employees; plan, assign and review work; establish goals and assesses performance through completion of written evaluations;
- Act on disciplinary issues, up to and including dismissal; address grievances and develop a plan for corrective action.
- Actively promote faculty and staff development. Provide strategic leadership and active participation in the pursuit of diverse funding sources for innovative projects/curriculum/research, including fundraising initiatives and partnerships:
- Prepare a budget of the School to meet the objectives of the annual strategic plan;
- Represent the School within the University, externally, and at the international level;
- Develop cooperation with strategic partners and research organizations.
- Organize and chair meetings of the School of Business Advisory Board and conduct other activities to foster the links with the industry;
- Work with other members of the senior management team to contribute to and to promote the University’s Strategic Plan;
- Commit to the University values of excellence, integrity and transparency, diversity, and shared governance.
- Academic credentials and qualifications relevant for an Associate Professor of the School. Excellent professional reputation in the relevant scientific community and/or industry with the experience of minimum 4+ years in the leadership role;
- Proven record of managerial experience in academia or industry. Advanced leadership, teambuilding, and organizational skills, high-level project management skills;
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English. Azerbaijani is preferable;
- Experience in corporate communication, including visual and digital channels, is preferable;
- Advanced interpersonal, professional communication, and influencing skills and an ability to liaise effectively and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally to the organization;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity, show positive, flexible, and adaptable attitude in a changing environment;
- Cultural awareness, knowledge of equal opportunity principles. Experience in handling sensitive and confidential matters is essential.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to email@example.com specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The deadline for application is August 29, 2021.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az