ADA University awards honorary degrees to the distinguished and accomplished individuals who inspire our students by having:
- excelled in a discipline
- shown remarkable commitment to public service
- served as a role model citizen
- demonstrated the value of integrity, dignity, continued learning and hard work
Nominations of candidates for honorary degrees are received by the Office of Rector and reviewed by the University Senate. Approved nominations are granted the honorary degree diploma at a special commencement ceremony.
ADA Rector is the only authorized person to grant the diploma. The University never confers the degree in absentia.
ADA University administrators, faculty and staff are not eligible for honorary degrees untill one year after retirement.
Since 2006, ADA University has awarded several honorary degrees. On the recommendation of the University Senate and by virtue of the authority vested in him Rector conferred “Honorary Doctor” degrees on the following recipients:
- Recipient: Amr Moussa
- Secretary-General of the Arab League
- Honorary Doctor for his contributions to the development of peace and stability in the world
- Recipient : Abdulla Gul
- President of Turkey
- Honorary Doctor for his services in the development of science and education, promotion of bilateral relations between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of Turkey
- Recipient : S. Frederick Star
- Chairman of the Central Asia-Caucasus Institute and Silk Road Studies Program at Johns Hopkins University
- Honorary Doctor in Humanities for his achievements in the development of science and education, promotion of bilateral relations between the peoples of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the United States of America.
- Recipient : Anatoly Torkunov
- Rector of Moscow State Institute of International Relations
- Honorary Doctor for his services in the development of science and education, promotion of bilateral relations between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Russian Federation.