My research interests are gender studies, war memory and intersectionality. Based on interviews my research explores gender identities in social conflicts.
|Joined ADA||August, 2016|
- Ozkaleli, Umut. “Intersectionality in Gender Mainstreaming: Equity Organizing in Turkey” forthcoming.
- Ozkaleli, Umut. 2015. “State of the state in their minds: Intersectional framework for women's citizenship in Turkey”, Women’s Studies International Forum, 48: 93-102. (SSCI).
- Ozkaleli, Umut & Omur Yilmaz. 2015. “What was My War Like? Deconstructing the Gendered History of War in Cyprus”, International Feminist Journal of Politics, 17(1): 137-156. (SSCI).
- Ozkaleli, Umut. 2013. “Dissident Voices: Women, Minority Status and Criticism of the Nationalist Turkish State”, Asian Journal of Women’s Studies (AJWS), 19(3): 42-71. (SSCI).
- Ozkaleli, Umut. 2011. “Butterflies for Girls, Cars for Boys: Gender in K-12”, Social Change, Journal of the Council for Social Development, 41(4): 567-584
- Ozkaleli, Umut. 2012. "Annan Planı Öncesinde Kıbrıslı Türklerin Değişen Kimlik Algısı” (Changing Identity perceptions of Turkish Cypriots before the Annan Plan period), in Kıbrıs'ta Kimlik ve Değişim: Post Annan Sürecinde Ada, (Identity and Transformation in Cyprus: The Island in Post-Annan Process) eds. Mehmet Hasgüler ve Murat Ozkaleli. İstanbul: Alfa Press, pp.39-74.
- Orenstein, Mitchell A. and Umut Ozkaleli, 2007. “European Union as a Network Actor in Roma Minority Policy” in The Expansion of NATO and the European Union edited by Hilary Appel. California: The Keck Center for International and Strategic Studies, Claremont McKenna College Monograph Series, Number Eighteen, pp. 31-57.